Indoor Netball follows most of the rules of the traditional outdoor version but adds a great twist with the use of nets all round.
Whereas traditional netball may be considered a sport for women, the indoor version is played by Men, Women and even Mixed teams creating a great fun atmosphere.
Our current schedule includes Ladies Netball on Tuesday evenings as well as Mixed competitions on Monday and Wednesday, so there is sure to be a timeslot and grade that suits.
If you are a little serious about your Indoor Netball, our centre at Ashmore participates in the Superleague competition against other centres across South East Queensland, so , this we’re happy to have a chat with you about that.
A quick run down of the rules played at Gold Coast Indoor Sport include:
- 7 players per team, each with a designated position and zone of the court they are allowed to move within (mixed teams are allowed a maximum of 3 men). 6 players per team in 6-a-side competitions.
- Extra players are allowed, but substitutions can only be made during half time breaks.
- Each match consists of 2 x 18 minute halves (players may change positions during the break).
- Netball is a non-contact sport and defenders must remain 1 metre from the ball-carrier.
- Because the court is completely surrounded by netting, there is no ‘out-of-bounds’, adding a dimension and tactics not available in traditional netball.
- Teams earn bonus points on the ladder by winning each half or ‘skin’.
What does it cost?
Match Fees: $91.00 per team per match for night time competition. Full fees are always payable, even if a team has less than 7 players. There is no membership or registration fee.